Volunteering abroad
Unfortunately, I've never had the chance to volunteer abroad. If I could, I would go in a poor country with an organisation that gives free dental services to help poor people. I would volunteer for that because before I decided of going back to school, I've been working as a dental assistant for many years, so I could use my knowledge to help people in need. Volunteering abroad can be an amazing experience to grow, discover a different culture and to give help in an invaluable way. To be honest, I've had some opportunities to go volunteer, but I didn't go. Maybe, I was skeptical about the experience and scared that it might be tough to work in very difficult conditions, as the heat, the lack of material and to see poor people in their drastic situation. Also, before going on a volunteering trip you have to be ready to pay a certain amount to be able to go for it, and accept to not being paid in return. I hope one day I could have another occasion to volunteer abroad in another purpose than dental services.
Comments
Post a Comment